Managing Editor at Word and Colour
The Managing Editor manages staff and the long-term vision of the journal Word and Colour, which connects artists and writers to produce collaborations that confront forms of oppression.
We’re looking for someone with experience in marketing and monetizing a journal, as the project is transitioning from a blog to a journal. The Managing Editor works in close collaboration with the Editor-in-Chief, who liaises with our Art Curator to produce new content. Our team also includes a grant writer, graphic designer, IT lead, an outreach coordinator, and a board of directors.
– Experience monetizing a journal (launching crowdfunding campaigns or using Patreon)
– Available for bi-monthly meetings in Toronto (negotiable)
– Knowledgeable of anti-oppression work
– Experience in a similar role
– An active member of the literary community
Our goal in moving the site to a paid journal aims to pay editors and contributors, who currently serve on a volunteer basis.
How to Apply:
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a brief explanation of a proposed plan for the journal by 08 Feb 2018.