The Reading Coordinator organizes literary readings with Word and Colour authors and similar writers in the Montreal community. They share the work with the Managing Editor and Community Outreach coordinator, organizing readings at least once per season.
Because Word and Colour is a collective of volunteers working under the mission to confront oppression with words inspired by colour, an ideal candidate would benefit from the position for their professional experience, as it is a volunteer role with the rest of our team. Readings
In general, the Reading Coordinator:
- finds an appropriate venue;
- arranges audio equipment;
- works with the graphic design team for posters;
- works with the social media team for marketing,
- and works with the Managing Editor to establish a roster of readers.
To apply, contact firstname.lastname@example.org by September 15th with a resume and an answer to the question: why do readings matter?